Bachelor of Interior Design
Baker totally prepared me to do my job. What I learned in the design department has more than amply prepared me for what my boss expects of me in the real workplace.– Marge Stoika Baker student, Interior Design Program
The Interior Design program enables you to build and develop your interior design skills, preparing you for an entry-level position in the industry.
In this program, you will:
- Develop and refine creative, technical, mechanical, and business skills with an emphasis in commercial environments
- Apply problem-solving techniques relative to efficient and effective spatial design, aesthetics, function, and quality of interior environments
- Conduct extensive research in selecting and specifying building materials and mechanical/electrical systems
- Learn how to apply current regulations, building codes, and business practices that assure public health, safety, and welfare
- Develop individual style, creativity, and visual graphic presentation skills using manual and computer generated presentation techniques
- Create presentations using contractual documents, models, and three-dimensional renderings to communicate ideas
- Create professional portfolios that demonstrate practical, functional, and innovative ideas
This program is part of the Baker College Smart Degree Option.
- The average annual salary for Interior Designers is $50,200.
- Employment of Interior Designers is expected to grow by about 19 percent through 2016, which is faster than average.
- Interior Design salaries vary widely with the specialty, type of employer, number of years of experience, and reputation of the individuals. Among salaried Interior Designers, those in large specialized design and architectural firms tend to earn higher and more stable salaries.